Random Thoughts And Beyond...

Average guy with random thoughts

15/09/2005

Cesaria Evora in Amsterdam


One of my favorite singers, and by far the best singer in the whole African continent, Cesaria Evora, will perform here in Amsterdam on the 24th of October in the Royal Theatre Carré.

Cesaria Evora, the Queen of the Creole Fado, was born in the Cape Verde Islands and is currently living in the US. She started her career as singer in a Local café in Cape Verde and was only discovered when she turned 50 by a French producer, who took her to Paris and produced her first hit single, Sodade (1991), a number one hit in several European countries.

It's her second tour in the Netherlands in one year time. Her last preformance was at the Concert Theatre in Amsterdam. I went there with a friend of mine and we had the best seats in the theatre. We sat less than one metre of the stage and spoke to her at the end of the Concert.

Carré has been renovated and restyled and it now has a great acoustic and very comfortable seatings. It appears to be an amazing experience. I would love to go to the concert, and to see Cesaria again and to experience the acoustic of the theatre. I'll go tomorrow to inform about the ticket prices. Last year I paid 69 euros for one ticket........
Update: prices are between 34 en 54 euros!

1 Comments:

At 17/10/2005, 02:04 , Blogger BitterSweet said...

Salam Halim,

Thanks alot for checking out my blog. And above of all thank you fdor your tips. I never heard of the Media.gov.kw site before. Truley amazed...

I have been listening to Cesaria for quite some years and indeed, even as I don't speak or understand Portugese, it's her voice that brengs the home-sickness gloomy vibes quite well over, especiallt when she sings about her country. She's quite a good performer as well by the way.

I really liked your blog, I think it's quite interesting to read. Thnk you for listing mine on your favourite by the way. I still have to take a close look to all the features on my blog, to figure out how to add favo blogs. Promiss you, yours will be the first.

Keep up the good work and keep the writings coming.

Take care and fi aman illah.

BS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home